Ink Spots On Parchment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Recipe Box

2 posters

Go down

The Recipe Box Empty The Recipe Box

Post by Maggie Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:36 am

I couldn't help myself and start a recipe thread, sorry! I've been hunting down the perfect birthday cake for myself (Mom doesn't do a lot of baking anymore so I tend to make my own cakes.) and I came across this little recipe all thanks to a you tube video by a woman named Cindy Montgomery. Now, I'm not overly fond of alcohol (although I do enjoy an occasional glass of wine or two and the occasional beer now and then.) but I did find that I'm quite fond of Schnapps especially the cherry variety. :-D I know you like a good cheesecake and I couldn't help but post this to share. I'm so sorry but I'm not sure on the conversions. confused 

Cherry Liqueur Cheesecake

Preheat oven to 300 - 325 degrees

Cherries:
1 Pkg (approx 16 ounces) Dried Cherries (I used organic)
1 C water
1 C cherry liqueur

In a stainless saucepan, bring cherries to boil in water until cherries are soft and water is almost gone. Take cherries off heat. Then add (drown) the liqueur to hot mixture of cherries. You should have a really nice rich and sweet sauce with chunks of whole cherries. Soak in the liqueur overnight if you can for added flavor.

Crust:
2 C ground Honey Graham Crackers
1/4 C butter (melted)
1/4 C sugar
Pat into a 10" spring form pan

Filling:
5 - 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese (room temperature)
1 1/2 C bakers fine sugar
2 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks (room temperature)
1 C heavy cream
1 T vanilla
Cream together until smooth - pour into prepared (crust) spring form pan and bake slowly until JUST set - it may be slightly golden brown - (but not necessary) and even better if not. Usually takes about 40 minutes.

OPTIONAL: you can add some cherry mixture in the fold of the cake before baking (approximately 1/2 C) reserving the rest for later placement on cheesecake

OPTIONAL: you may add lemon rind (yellow part zest only) for a wonderful flavor

Topping:
2 C sour cream
1/2 C bakers fine sugar
1 t vanilla
Stir together - pour over hot cheesecake and bake 5 minutes and then bring to room temperature cool and refrigerate - seal with handy wrap and refrigerate.

Lastly pour the cherry mixture over the cooled cheesecake and let the mixture spill over side
Maggie
Maggie
Admin
Admin

https://inkspotsonparchment.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Recipe Box Empty Re: The Recipe Box

Post by Wolfy Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:10 am

It's still early here for me but I am absolutely dying for this cheesecake right now, heh. I sometimes had cheesecake for breakfast a couple of years ago.. though I don't reckon that ever went down too well. Not usually a fan of cherries, but by the sound of this, I would willingly try it! and I'm going to. Next time we go shopping I shall buy all of the ingredients and give this one a whirl Wink also, you should definitely let me know how it is once you've made it!
Wolfy
Wolfy
Admin
Admin

http://emlynbowen.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:26 am

I thought it would be something different. I usually do a "south of the border" cheesecake with tequila and lime zest for the summer but I figured this would different. I'm not much on cherries myself but this sounded too good to pass up. I'm actually making it later on today so we'll see how it goes, haha. (If I could send you a slice I totally would!) Ooh, yes please let me know how it turns out for you! Very Happy  Hey, cheesecake for breakfast doesn't sound too bad at all in my book! You're talking to someone that drank those "Nestle Breakfast" shake things. *shudders*
Maggie
Maggie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfy Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:40 pm

I have never been able to cook or bake at all. Even the cupcakes I used to bake in school turned out to be biscuits instead, which was rather embarassing but all good fun. Main thing was they didn't taste too bad at all, so I guess it counted. Ooh, do keep me updated then! I might be up a while longer tonight, if I can keep myself awake with pop or coffee that is. I've a hell of a lot of writing to be doing. Ah, I was quite reluctant to try those! I think what we have here is all Nesquick though, which I do prefer as it's chocolate.. but perhaps not for breakfast.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Admin
Admin

http://emlynbowen.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:28 pm

It took me forever to get the courage up to actually try my hand at baking. I had some disastrous results with those Pillsbury Break and Bake sugar cookies and end up setting off all the fire detectors. I was horrified and it took me a year to try again. But I found as long as you're having fun it's all good either way. I'm sure your cheesecake will turn out fabulous! Although, I have to warn you the filling is quite thick, I was taken off guard a bit but it's wonderful and quite rich. If I can get my iPod to take a decent picture I shall snap one for you and post it. :-)
My lord! You're going to need your rest! Although , I can't say anything I've been keeping myself up with the occasional cup of coffee these past few nights. Wink Nesquick was actually all my oldest niece would drink when she was small and it drove my oldest brother crazy. I honestly don't think she's outgrown it yet, haha.
Maggie
Maggie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:41 pm

Okay, I couldn't help myself with this one. I actually got this one from the Ex's mom a few years ago and it's been a tried and true go to recipe for me. Although, since I don't eat that much ground beef I tend to use ground turkey or chicken but that's just me. I also substitute Cream of Chicken soup for the Cream of Mushroom but that's just personal taste. Wink

Tater Tot Casserole

Ingredients:
1 1/2 - 2 lbs. ground beef or ground turkey or chicken
1/2 - onion, diced (optional)
1 - 32 oz package ore ida crispy crowns or tater tots
1 - 10 oz can Cream of Mushroom soup (or Cream of Chicken)
1 - 8 oz container sour cream or light sour cream
1 - low fat cup milk
2 - cups grated cheddar cheese
pepper, to taste
season salt, to taste
garlic salt, to taste (optional)

Directions:
Brown ground beef and diced onions, adding, pepper, seasoning salt and garlic salt to taste. Drain.

Pour ground beef & onion mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish. In a separate bowl mix together the soup, sour cream and milk.

Pour the soup mixture over on top of the ground beef layer spread evenly to cover the meat mixture. Top with tater tots, sprinkle with grated cheese over the entire casserole.

Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 30 minutes or until the casserole is bubbly and cheese is completely melted.
Maggie
Maggie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:19 am

Thought I'd share one of my Mom's stand by Christmas cookie recipes. Sadly this year the baking's been left up to me and I'm afraid I'll be making plain old sugar cookies and Russian Tea Cakes but perhaps I'll share those recipes later on. I can never get these quite like she does though.  santa 

Santa's Thumb Print Cookies

1 cup softened unsalted butter
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sifted flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup finely chopped nuts
¾ cup raspberry jam, or your favorite

1)  Preheat oven to 400’.  Cut a sheet of parchment paper to cover your cookie sheet.

2)  In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream butter, vanilla & sugar until light & fluffy.

3)  Combine flour and salt; add to butter mixture and blend well.

4)  Place nuts into a small bowl.  Shape dough into 1” balls and roll in nuts to coat.  Place on cookie sheet and press a divot with your thumb into the center of each cookie.

5)  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Remove from heat and carefully slide the parchment with the hot cookies onto your cooling rack.

6)  Using a small spoon, carefully spoon about ½ teaspoon of jam into centers.  Cool completely.  I like to let these cookies sit out overnight for the jam to set.  Store in an air tight plastic container being careful not to disturb centers.
Maggie
Maggie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:24 pm

Thought I'd pop on and share a New Years Eve recipe. Very simple, very easy, and not so healthy but you can tweek it any way you like. This can also be made with jellied cranberry sauce.

What You'll Need:

. 1 bottle Heinz Chili Sauce ( I'm assuming it's 16 oz.)
. 1 small jar grape jelly ( I use the off market brand because it melts better)
. 1 package cocktail weenies ( Hillshire Farm is what I use but you can also use regular hot dogs for this just be sure to cut them into rounds.

The Following Are Optional:

. 1 to 2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar

. 1 to 2 Tablespoons of Yellow Mustard

What You'll Do

Melt equal parts of Chili sauce and jelly in sauce pan over low heat with optional ingredients. Let the mixture melt together and stir occasionally. Add in cocktail weenies/hot dog rounds and let warm throughly. Transfer to serving dish or chafing dish and serve.
Maggie
Maggie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum