Ink Spots On Parchment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

His Light In The Darkness

2 posters

Go down

His Light In The Darkness Empty His Light In The Darkness

Post by Maggie Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:29 am

Prepare for a very long winded author's note. I do apologize. I thought it was only right to put it in given the subject matter.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

****A/N**** : The situations depicted within this fictional work are purely that, fictional.  While it holds face claims to persons living and departed it is not meant to infringe upon their likeness or attributes in any way. I make no money from writing this so please, do not sue me. (It's the muses I tells ya!) Please do not repost without my permission ( ask and you shall receive, I promise.) Now, we get to the good stuff; the rating. This is a very strong R but has been placed within the M category for heavy alcohol abuse and adult situations. Please know I am not trying to glamorize addiction of any kind;  alcoholism in particular. It's a slippery sad slope and I've seen first hand what it does to those that are afflicted as well as their families. It's not "cool", it's not something that one sets their mind to do and it sure as hell isn't easy to quit cold turkey. It's a legitimate illness that changes people and not for the better, unless of course they seek treatment and help. If you are under the age of 18 please DO NOT read this. Go outside, read a book, listen to an album. ( I highly recommend Def Leppard's back catalog) Then when you do reach the appropriate age come on back and give this a whirl.

Now, with that lengthy note out of the way here's the fun stuff. Smile

First things first, a very very huge amount of thanks go out to the lovely Wolfy for the use of her wonderful character Lottie, without her Evie wouldn't have a friend in the world and Heath's character wouldn't have a loving wife. I owe you one my dear. You've stuck by me through thick and thin and times when the muse just went *poof* You're my Constant Reader and always someone I can come to with anything, writing based or not. You've helped me to pick up the pieces too many times to count; I'm forever in your debt my dear.  Thanks also go out to the late great Steve Clark, I doubt anyone that knew him will be reading this but if they are thank you too. While I didn't have the pleasure of knowing him, Steve's work in the music world had an effect on me at a very young age and has given me comfort in some very tough times. I guess you could call him my muse security blanket of sorts. Thank you, you wonderfully talented man with a generous heart and a gentle soul. You live on in song and in heart.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

His Light In The Darkness 14776432226_c9ca945e3e

Summary:
Charlie and Evie Adamson are your average couple, hard working, middle class, and totally besotted with one another. But when their life together gets dealt blow after crushing blow they find themselves in a sink or swim situation. Secret battles come to light and it's a long dark road back to where they were before. Was their love truly meant to last or will it get snuffed out leaving behind two severely broken people?

His Light In The Darkness 14803752761_84814a6c1c

Theme of Sorts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eqkNuCjiHw

Playlist (went for a bit of a transitional thing here, see if you can spot it.)
http://open.spotify.com/user/highlandfling22/playlist/5cHyPcG2PsueTHZR2y8tTr

Looks/Settings
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/collection?id=3793604

Last edited by Maggie on Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Maggie
Maggie
Admin
Admin

https://inkspotsonparchment.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

His Light In The Darkness Empty Re: His Light In The Darkness

Post by Wolfy Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:00 am

I want to adopt every single piece you've included in this intro to your story. Your authors note was absolutely vital; I understand why you've chosen to mention everything you did. Also, your banners are lovely and your polyvore's... well, I definitely don't have anywhere near as much inspiration as you when it comes to setting the scene! Everything looks so pretty and perfect. Your playlist is diverse and I love every song on there. I really am looking forward to this. I do hope things don't wind up too terrible, though.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Admin
Admin

http://emlynbowen.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:00 am

I'm so so sorry it's taken me ages to reply! Consider it adopted my dear! I'm so so happy you like what I've posted so far, although I had to change a few things, just for fiction's sake. (Sorry about that!) I tried to post a shorter author's note but I just couldn't word it the right way so I went with the lengthy version. I'm telling you, Polyvore's a scene setter's dream...and their nightmare. I find myself sitting here going "Well, I'll just go with four scenes..wait it that fair between the characters?" *fiddles a bit more* before I know what's happened I've got like six or more bits to the collection. Although, I must admit it does help me get things set up in my head a bit; guess you could say I'm a visual writer if that makes sense. Aww, you've made me blush over here! I think this particular play list is one of favorites thus far.  Things might look bleak in this one but I promise you there will be happy ending and if things get rough I'll be sure to post a warning, just in case.  Smile
Maggie
Maggie
Admin
Admin

https://inkspotsonparchment.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down