Ink Spots On Parchment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding the Light Again { depression venting thread/tips/links }

Go down

Finding the Light Again { depression venting thread/tips/links } Empty Finding the Light Again { depression venting thread/tips/links }

Post by Maggie Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:14 am

I thought I'd put a little area for specific venting. I'm not going to lie, I sometimes find myself blindsided by a dark mood mixed in with a good heaping dose of anxiety. Nothing like feeling like a worthless sack of nothing and feeling like the world's going to end, huh? I know it runs in my family on both sides and it's just the genetic hand I was dealt with in the card game called life. Some days -99% of them these days- are much better than others but it's always there in the background, it never really goes away but it just sort of sits quietly until it wants attention like an untrained animal. I know we've talked about finding a happy place ( and that Mr. Daniels is yours Smile ) I think it's safe to say that Rick Springfield just might be mine for some reason. His music  has been a constant for me since I was a kid and there's a solace in that. There have been a few other bands out there but his music in particular has seemed to help the most. I've also found my light, if you will in writing, although there are times when a Mood hits and I just can't get anything else except a general bare bones idea out onto paper - and in my friendship ( or is it sisterhood? ) with you I know, I run the risk of sounding like a sappy broken record but it's true. I think having someone as patient and lovely as you've been with me if paramount to getting back on track, you really deserve a medal my dear.

I'm know I'm not going to get the chance to meet Rick ( I don't do well at concerts anymore ) but I know that I can give you a shout out of thanks any time for being my rock.  I thought I'd share a video with you on Rick's Profile of Hope/his battle with depression. ( feel free to slap me with all the Springfield overload.) I do have to agree though, dogs or animals in general, are furry Prozac. Smile I've also found that keeping a journal of thoughts has helped take most of the edge off as well. Is there anything you've tried that's helped?

Maggie
Maggie
Admin
Admin

https://inkspotsonparchment.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down